Everyone is asking me what should I do right now in real estate? Should I still list my home? Of course things have changed, and it is a day to day conversation but here is what I'm observing...
1. There is still a lack of available quality homes on the market.
2. There are buyers who must move right now. They may have a lease ending, they may have a contract on their home, they may be relocating for work.
3. The buyers looking now are more serious, qualified buyers.
4. It is definitely cheaper than ever to get into a home significantly less than you can rent a similar home.
5. In all recessions except 2008 the housing market has been minimally impacted and afterwards significant real estate growth occured.
I have been in real estate for 20 years and experienced the market in 2001 and 2008.
Although I am still available to show properties, in order to support social distancing, I am offering to do showings virtually via Facetime. All offers will be presented virtually and signed using our electronic software. You can e-sign from your home using your lap-top or smartphone. I am availalbe to conduct Buyer and Seller consultations using Zoom video conferencing. In the event you would like to see a property I have “corona kits “ available including gloves, hand sanitizer, and booties.
I am here if you have questions as we go forward! Stay safe out there! We’re all in it together.