Following my last post I’m sharing a great summary of a 2010 report by the EWG @environmentalworkinggroup (link in bio) as worded perfectly by @theresekerr 💚
1) Most chemical ingredients in perfumes and colognes have never been tested for safety.
2) Chemicals in fragrance/perfume/cologne and "fragranced" products never have to be listed on the product label as they fall under "Intellectual property" guidelines" or "trade secrets". 3) They almost all contain hormone-disrupting chemicals that mimic the female hormone oestrogen (synthetic oestrogen) sending our hormone signalling into disarray.
4) Easily absorbed into the skin and accumulate in the body.
5) Women who are pregnant & wear perfumes & fragrance will expose their child to the chemicals including diethyl phthalates, a common chemical found in perfumes, colognes & fragranced products, linked to abnormal development of reproductive organs in baby boys & sperm damage in men (men now account for almost half of all infertility cases). 6) Many of the other everyday products we use: shampoos, conditioners, body washes, etc contain these and many other chemicals as well.
7) There's around 3,100 chemicals that can be used and undisclosed in perfumes and colognes so consumers never truly know what they are putting on their body and in their body almost all of these products contain chemicals known to increase the absorption of ingredients into the skin.
8) Perfumes, colognes and body sprays have been found by the EWG to contain at least four hormone-disrupting chemicals.
9) Chemicals in perfumes, colognes, body sprays and other everyday products have been tested in this trial and are clinically proven to interfere with oestrogen, male hormones (androgens) and thyroid hormones.
10) Toxic to the immune and nervous systems, linked to birth and embryo defects, known carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals), are obesogenic in activity (cause our fat cells to multiply, reprogram our normal cells to become fat cells), are toxic to our nervous system, in particular our brain and linked to hormone disruption, infertility & more.
Give me a 💚 if you want to learn more about how to ditch chemicals!