~ i’ve read some stuff on #socialmedia that make me think there are RETARDS out there during this #covid_19 #pandemic. i want to bitch and rant but i’ll take a deep breath...and just list 10 things from my experience living in #Korea. Here we go... 1. Korea is not on lockdown. The government strongly recommends we stay at home and minimize our outdoor interactions. Most people follow.
2. Almost everyone wears a mask when outside. The government provides 2 mask per person each week ($2.50). 3. Major churches are closed. The government is restricting church gatherings but still refuse to listen. Small clusters of infection bloom from this. 60% of Korea’s infections came from ONE church/cult!!! Get the point?!?! 4. Getting a #covid19 test is easy and cheap (sometimes free). No one is denied access to it.
5. The media (news) is very straight forward. We have live updates on our phones about infections present and the route that person took. We have apps mapping all locations of infected. All information at our fingers.
6. People still go to work if they must. Those who can work from home, work from home. Some aren’t getting paid because their business is closed due to contamination but life goes on.
7. People walk outside around at parks and trails. Most wear mask. Remember, the school year was suppose to begin March 2 but has be delayed three times to April 6 (possibly longer). Kids need to do things.
8. Subways and buses aren’t packed like they normally are but people are still inside. Morning traffic still exist. Rush hour subway and bus rides are full but not packed.
9. When the first wave hit, store shelves were not empty. There’s plenty of toilet paper and sanitizer. i did notice for 3 days, #ramyeon was nearly gone but it went back to normal.
10. #SouthKorea has #flattened the curve but it’s not over and we know that. It may hit again more with these cluster infection but it’s being maintained. What needs to be cautioned are RETARDS who refuse to listen. Sometimes you need to put away your #individualism and just follow the crowd.
Personally, i’m miserable since i can’t run as freely. Patience.