As we are spending more time in the confines of our own homes, it's getting too easy to let the clutter and mess get under our skin. So, here are some rules to help you live with less stuff. Choose the three rules you need the most right now and use them as reminders that you want so much more than stuff.
1. Why is more important than how - We all know how to declutter, but knowing why will make it stick.
2. One thing at a time - You didn’t clutter up your home overnight and you aren’t going to become clutter free overnight.
3. This is not a race - Slow and steady change will be more sustainable than the fast and furious version you’ve attempted before.
4. Keep your eyes on your own stuff - If you’re worried about how you will live a life with less stuff when your spouse is a hoarder, or you have children, come back to your own stuff.
5. Small progress is still progress - Celebrate the baby steps and the small wins instead of waiting until the end.
6. Less is not nothing - No one said you had to get rid of it all. You decide what you want in your life.
7. Just in case means never - It’s true.
8. Holding on is harder than letting go - You hold on by paying for items with your money, time, attention, and emotion every day. You only have to let go once.
9. This is love - It's about more than organized sock drawers. Simplicity is the way back to love. It’s the way back to people you love, work you live, and a life you love.
We hope these tips will help you enjoy spending time in your home again!
#tiptuesday #declutteringtips #homebodytips #organizingtipsyyc #declutteringcalgary #RenoLINC #architect #constructionworker #woodworking #business #house #homerenovation #electrical #homebuilder #civilengineering #constructionmanagement #spillerpromos #bathroom #installation #flooring #painting #newconstruction #renovations #tradesman #luxury #yyc #centralab #canadian #edmonton #calgarybusiness